Encouragement
Isaiah 41:13 ESV
For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.”
To encourage someone is to help someone to be brave. That's what God himself does here for his people in this verse. He's leading us by the hand; we simply need to follow.
Apparently, one of the most common commands in the Bible is to not be afraid. If we rightly fear the Lord, we'll have no need to fear anything or anyone else. We don't need to be scared of oppressive superpowers for example like Babylon for Judah.
God doesn't just give empty encouragement to not be afraid. He actively helps us. He sent Jesus to give his life for us.
Because Christ died and rose again, we too can rise again to newness of life. The risen Lord walks with us by his Holy Spirit, until he calls us home. We just have to keep in step.
'Heavenly Father, help us not to be afraid. May we trust in you instead to help us get to glory. In Jesus' name we ask this, amen'.
Comments
Post a Comment