Approval
“For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.”
Galatians 1:10 ESV
The Apostle Paul pulled no punches with the wayward Galatian church. He said that those who led them astray should be accursed for their accursed false Gospel. Jesus is enough, not Jesus + circumcision or anything else.
Judaism was tolerated in the Roman Empire. Christianity wasn't at the time. So false teachers saying we have to become Jewish to become Christian had an attractive message.
Paul wasn't a flatterer. He wasn't trying to give the Galatian Christians an easy life. He was trying to give them the truth.
Our concern should be God's approval, not that of mankind. This doesn't mean to say we should be cantankerous and difficult. It just means we should get our priorities right.
'Sovereign God, please help us to seek your approval above all, because that is what ultimately matters. For your honour we ask this, amen'.
Comments
Post a Comment