Listen

 

Psalm 143:8 ESV

Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.

What’s the first thing we do when we wake up? Is it to scroll our phones and check our notifications? Or is it to check in with God through His word, without technological distractions?

If we trust in the Lord, we ought to long to hear from Him first thing in the morning. We need daily reminders of His unfailing love. His mercies are new every morning, thankfully.

Every day, we need God to direct us. We might be in a groove (or a rut!) of regular practices, yet we should be open to being flexible to whatever life throws at us and what God has for us. He can help us deal with anything that seems to attack us.

Morning by morning, we should lift our souls to the Lord. We are to wait in expectancy up Him. He will never fail us.

‘Dear Lord, we come to You this morning expectant of Your goodness to us afresh this day. Please lead and guide us in the way we should go, for Your glory, amen.’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Helper