My Testimony; Yours Too?

 

1 John 1:9 ESV

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

This was the verse my mum quoted to me when she led me to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. My deathbed convert granddad had died days before and I asked mum how I could be saved (even though I will have heard many times through my parents and church). I put this verse into practice there and then and felt an immediate sense of relief.

One might wonder what sins an eight-year-old might have to confess. Before my granddad’s conversion I arrogantly assumed I was a Christian. After all, I knew most of the answers at Sunday School and church kid’s clubs.

Pride was the original sin that got satan kicked out of heaven, and I was guilty of it too. Thankfully, this verse is true, and God has always been faithful to me. He forgave my sins through Christ crucified and cleansed (cleanses/will cleanse) me from all unrighteousness.

What He did for me He can do for you too. You just have to be honest with Him. Even if you don’t believe in Him, faith is a gift from Him, just ask Him for it!

‘Heavenly Father, we praise You for Your faithfulness. Please forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness, in Jesus’ powerful name we pray, amen’.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Helper