Gold

 And this is the contribution that you shall receive from them: gold, silver, and bronze,
Exodus 25:3 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/exo.25.3.ESV

'What can I give Him, poor as I am? If I were a shepherd, I would give a lamb. If I were a wise man, I would do my part. Yet what I can I give Him: give my heart' (In the Bleak Midwinter).

God isn't just interested in gold, silver and bronze as contributions to His Kingdom, as investments in heavenly treasures. I'm thankful for the comma in this verse, which leads on to less precious things that God still appreciates as contributions. Still, if we're going to contribute to God's work, we should give our best, even if that isn't gold, silver or bronze.

The tabernacle was an epic portable temple, a tent basically. It symbolised Christ's first advent with us, when He 'tabernacled' or 'pitched up tent' amongst us. It therefore needed to be made up of quality materials and craftsmanship.

Our bodies are like tabernacles of the Holy Spirit, who have come to faith in Christ. We need to be holy as God is Holy. We need to become spiritual gold, with all the dross skimmed away.

'Lord God Almighty, help us to give our best to You and to be the best for You. In Christ's name we pray, amen'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Prayer