Ask!

 I was ready to be sought by those who did not ask for me;
    I was ready to be found by those who did not seek me.
I said, “Here I am, here I am,”
    to a nation that was not called by[e] my name.
Isaiah 65:1 ESV

Salvation is not primarily dependant upon our asking and seeking after God. Salvation begins in the heart of the Lord. He is the One who sovereignly draws us to Himself.

If it depended on us, we would never find God. Yet if God seeks us out, we will assuredly find Him. Maybe you're not asking and seeking after God, but I trust that He is looking out for you.

Jesus came not simply as the Jewish Messiah, but as the Saviour of the world. Even a random Gentile like me can be grafted into spiritual Israel. God's people are all who He sovereignly chooses. We're not a homogenous ethnic unit.

If God is calling you today to trust in Him, don't ignore Him. If He is telling you to trust in Jesus, then obey His command. Life for Him might be challenging, but with the help of His Holy Spirit you will prevail.

'O Lord, speak to us we pray, and may we respond in faith. Fill us with Your Spirit to ask and seek after You who wants to find us in our natural lostness. In Christ's name, amen'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Rejoice!