My Desert Island Discs

 People Get Ready- Eva Cassidy

Eva Cassidy had a beautiful voice, and I like this song by Curtis Mayfield.

Dare to be a Daniel- the Albion Band

I like the folkiness of this song, as well as the lyrics

The Man Who Calmed the Sea- Stuart Townend

Stuart Townend is, in my opinion, the best hymnwriter with a pulse!

Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring- Bach

Music has never been surpassed since J.S. Bach, here's a lovely example

When I found Jesus- Steph Macleod

One of my favourite songs by one of my favourite singer songwriters

Imela- Nathaniel Bassey

Great song and lyrics, especially love the trumpet playing

How Sweet the Name- 20 schemes music

Good old hymn with nice new tune

Only Remembered- Coope, Boyes and Simpson

This was one of Spurgeon's funeral hymns apparently, also popular with WWI soldiers

 

I would want as a book a compilation of my own devotional writings

As a luxury item, I would go for writing materials over even a piano!

As my favourite song overall, for now I'll go for How Sweet the Name.

What would you choose for your desert island discs? :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Prayer