Commission

Then I heard the Lord asking, “Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?” I said, “Here I am. Send me.”

Isaiah 6:8 (NLT)

Isaiah had an awesome vision of the preincarnate Lord Jesus Christ, a theophany. Jesus was looking for someone to represent Him to His people. Isaiah volunteered.

It was a brave thing for Isaiah to do. The vision was fearsome. Even the angels were awe inspiring, never mind the Lord Himself.

I'm not sure Isaiah knew what he was letting himself in for. His ministry to God's people was a largely thankless task over many years. Tradition reckons that he was sawn in half by those who hated his rebuke of their iniquitous lives.

Isaiah knew he wasn't up to the task, humanly speaking. He knew he was a sinner before the Holy One. Thankfully God made atonement for him, and for all who trust in Him.

'Lord our God, please help us to be willing to serve You. For the honour of Your name, amen'


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delight

Power

Praise