The Emu

The Emu


My friend the emu is a jolly nice chap

He would run so fast and I his friend would clap

His neighbour the ostrich is a faster bird

But he never raced him or so I had heard

Until they crossed paths later on down the line.


Ostrich tripped up on a camel’s black stool.

Camel was slow now, for he was out of gas.

Emu was just nipping across to the pool.

I was just turning around the oasis.

It was great: we were doing quite fine.


But as the ostrich dashed across the dark track,

Emu rushed by extra fast and saw him crack.

The camel and ostrich were clearly quite pained.

They crossed and they dashed and they started to lag.

And when I turned up for to dine and to sup,

they all scratched around and they all filled up.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delight

Power

Revelation 9:13-10:11