My story (2): Conversion

 God humbled me, but it took the death of my grandad to do so.

There had been glimmers of conviction previously. When my grandma read a children's edition of Pilgrim's Progress, the descriptions of hell scared me.

It wasn't until my granddad's deathbed conversion that I saw the impact that Jesus could have practically. My family had hope and joy, even in the face of death, through faith in Jesus.

A few days after he died, I simply asked mum how I could be saved. I finally realised I needed salvation. She quoted 1 John 1:9 which says that if we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I prayed to God to forgive me because of Jesus's death on the cross on my behalf, and immediately felt relief. It was the peace of the Holy Spirit, assuring me that I was now a child of God.

I asked mum 'is that it?' as tears of joy streamed down my face, but I knew that was it, despite the lack of lightening or a voice from heaven!

That was only the beginning of my journey of faith. Tune in next time for the next instalment!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delight

Power

Revelation 9:13-10:11