Marriage

 

Proverbs 18:22 NLT

The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favour from the LORD.

 

I can testify to the truth of this verse. I found a wife, and I did indeed find a treasure. Apart from Christ, she is the most precious person in my life, and I do well to remind myself of that fact!

 

The Bible describes wives as ‘helpmates’- people who help us and who are close to us. God made the first woman out of the first man’s rib to be close to his heart. She wasn’t made from his head to be superior; or his foot to be inferior. Men and women are equally made in the image and likeness of God.

 

God has favoured me with my wife. She is Joy by name and a joy to me by nature. She has made me a far better person than I was before I met her.

 

My wife has made me more like Jesus. She spurs me on along my spiritual journey as we walk together with the Holy Spirit. I commend marriage to my readers!

 

‘Heavenly Father, I want to thank You for my wife, and for the gift of marriage. Please help me to treasure my wife and to know I’m favoured by You. In Jesus’ name, amen’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Family