Witnesses

 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me.

Isaiah 43:10 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/isa.43.10.ESV

At the end of time, it's us who will be on trial, in the final judgment. In this life however, many people want to put God on trial. Lots of people deny His existence, but like to blame Him when things go wrong.

God's got witnesses to back Him up. He's got people whose lives He's turned right-side up. God's people have seen Him transform their lives, and others can witness that too.

The servant of the Lord keeps reappearing in Isaiah. He's the One by whose wounds we are healed. The amazing thing is that God doesn't just boss us around, He serves us, and gave His life for us.

There's no other God but the Lord, yet He isn't a solitary oneness. He's Father, Son (the servant in this verse) and Holy Spirit. God is relational; God is love.

'Lord our Father, may we worship You as we ought, and acknowledge You for who You are. Thank You for sending Jesus to serve and to suffer for us, in His name, amen'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Helper