Suffering

 For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it, for how should my name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another.

Isaiah 48:11 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/isa.48.11.ESV

Why do God's people suffer? Shouldn't we enjoy health, wealth and happiness? In reality, we deserve hell, anything better than that is a bonus!

God refines us in the furnace of affliction for His own sake. Gold or silver needs to be refined in order for their true value to be revealed. So it is with us.

If we were left to our own devices, we'd probably forget God and delude ourselves that we're self-relient. When we suffer, it  causes us to cry out to God for deliverance.

Another illustration of our relationship with God is that of a father with his children. If God left us to our own devices, He'd spoil us. He disciplines so that we might glorify Him and not be arrogant.

'Father in heaven, help us to know that when we belong to You, our affliction is for our good and Your glory. In Christ's name we pray, amen'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Helper