Remember

 “Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children’s children—

Deuteronomy 4:9 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/deu.4.9.ESV

I haven't seen a sea parted in two. I haven't seen millions of people miraculously fed for forty years. I haven't seen anyone raised from the dead.

What I have seen is peace, hope and joy even in the face of death, because of the risen Lord Jesus Christ. I have seen recovery from mental illness and prodigal ways. I have known assurance of salvation and eternal life in God my Lord and Saviour.

Sadly, we easily forget. That's why we have the Lord's Supper at church, to help us remember Christ's sacrifice on our behalf. Our faith isn't just 'Jam' (Jesus and me): it's a community of God's people seeking to encourage one another to live for Him.

Church isn't just for kids to be sent to for Sunday School. Godly religion isn't just for women. It's not just something to dabble in at uni. Our faith is to be passed down from generation to generation. God doesn't have grandchildren, but we all come to faith through someone else.

'Father God, please grant us the honour of leading subsequent generations to faith in You. For Your glory we pray, amen'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Helper