Fire

 If I say, “I will not mention him, or speak any more in his name,” there is in my heart as it were a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I am weary with holding it in, and I cannot.

Jeremiah 20:9 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/jer.20.9.ESV

For years now I have written these daily Bible notes. You could call it a habit or a routine. Yet I couldn't go a day without meditating on and expressing my thoughts on God's word.

Any genuine follower of Jesus should feel the same as Jeremiah. Even if we wanted to keep quiet about our Saviour and Lord, we cannot help but to speak out about His goodness. We want others to share in the joy of knowing Him.

There's a holy compulsion in us to declare the goodness of God. Even Lot, who failed to witness of God to Sodom, was tormented in his righteous soul by all the evil goings on in that city. If he'd have spoken out, Jesus said, Sodom would have remained to this day.

Jeremiah got into lots of trouble for speaking God's word. He got put into the stocks and incarcerated for his troubles. Yet he was compelled to obey his Lord, and is now receiving his heavenly reward.

'Sovereign Lord, please help us to be obedient to You and to speak Your word to those around us. For the glory of Your name, amen'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Helper