Confess

 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 1:9 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/1jn.1.9.ESV

This was the verse mum quoted to me when I first came to faith in God. I was eight years old. I hadn't been a drug addict or even a murderer, but I still had sins I needed to confess.

Thankfully God was faithful and just with me. He forgave my sins and cleansed me from all unrighteousness. It was all because of Jesus's sacrifice on my behalf.

Confession isn't just a one of act. We don't just pray a sinner's pray and carry on as before. We need to continue to confess our sins, because we don't become perfect the moment we believe in Jesus.

God doesn't stop being faithful and just, even if we continue to fail Him as His people. Thankfully He saves to the uttermost those who come in faith to Him.

'Dear God, thank You for Your faithfulness and justice in Christ crucified on our behalf. Please help us always to confess our sins. In Jesus' name, amen'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Helper