Wish

 For I could wish that I myself were accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, my kinsmen according to the flesh.
Romans 9:3 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/rom.9.3.ESV

We might sometimes inaccurately imagine Paul as some kind of intellectual stuck in an ivory tower writing letters to churches. He was however at the coalface of pioneering evangelistic ministry. He wasn't just some cerebal person without any people skills.

Paul wasn't just some slick salesman. He genuinely cared for the people he was ministering to. He went as far as to say he would rather be accursed if it meant that his countryfolk could be saved!

This verse calls for soul searching. Do we care for our nations like Paul cared for his fellow Jews? I know I've shed tears in the past for my people, but maybe my love has grown cold.

If we've been forgiven much, we will love much. If we've only been forgiven little, we won't love as much. May we realise just how much God loves us, and may that inspire us to love others with a similar kind of love!

'Almighty Father in heaven, thank You that nothing is impossible for You. Please help us to love others as You have loved us. In the name of Jesus, amen'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Family