Destruction

 therefore, behold, I have stretched out my hand against you, and will hand you over as plunder to the nations. And I will cut you off from the peoples and will make you perish out of the countries; I will destroy you. Then you will know that I am the Lord.
Ezekiel 25:7 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/ezk.25.7.ESV

There are only two ultimate destinies for humanity: destruction, and salvation. If we think we don't need saving, we're doomed to destruction- unless we change our minds. All the turmoil in the world is God's megaphone to say that we do need saving.

It's not that if we reject God we get to deny Him forevermore. The end of this verse is a salutary warning: 'I will destroy you. Then you will know that I am the Lord'.

We might assume that if we're destroyed, we won't know anything. Yet Biblically, destruction isn't annihilation. It's eternal, conscious torment and regret.

Enemies of God's people don't have a good prognosis. Those who persecute the church will get their comeuppance. Best to repent and acknowledge God now.

'O Lord, help us to acknowledge that You are God, now, before we're forced to do so in eternity. For Your glory and honour we pray, amen'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Family