Body

 For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function,
Romans 12:4 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/rom.12.4.ESV

The human body isn't just one epic tongue or eye for example. There are many parts to the body, and they have different purposes. We are fearfully and wonderfully made.

As it is with the human body, so it is with the spiritual body of Christ on earth, the Church of Jesus. Some of us are like a metaphorical tongue, good at speaking or interpreting different languages. Others are like the hands of the church, good practically at helping people.

Once we come to faith in Jesus and join His church, we need to find out how He has gifted us. We all have various gifts. Some have more than one.

For me personally, I like to think I'm an encourager. I love to share the good news of Jesus. And I like to teach, if my students are willing to learn. Having been given certain gifts, we are to exercise them.

'Father in heaven, thank You for the gifts You give us. Please help us to exercise them for Your glory. In Christ's name, amen'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Fight

Power