Generations

 Let this be recorded for a generation to come, so that a people yet to be created may praise the Lord:
Psalm 102:18 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/psa.102.18.ESV

Biblical faith is always one generation away from extinction. God doesn't have grandchildren. The only way we get to become part of God's family is if He adopts us.

The command that this verse contains continues in the subsequent verses. The reason for it is given here however. If we pass on God's goodness to subsequent generations, then even people who are yet to be might end up praising the Lord, if He doesn't return first!

One of the reasons I write, apart from for myself and my immediate readership, is so that hopefully I will have something to leave as a legacy, that will bless people after I've gone. I don't just want my contemporaries to praise the Lord. I want subsequent generations to worship Him too.

Why should we worship God? In the context here, it's all about Him giving hope to the hopeless. We might feel miserable and despairing, yet God can cheer us up and give us living hope in the risen Lord Jesus.

'God of hope, thank You that we can be hopeful in You and in Your Son who defeated death on our behalf. In whose name we pray, amen'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Rejoice!