Praise

 I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.
Psalm 18:3 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/psa.18.3.ESV

I love what this verse seems to imply: whether or not I am saved from my enemies, God is worthy to be saved. It doesn't seem like David's faith is conditional upon His deliverance. He seemed to know that the world doesn't revolve around him.

We have no right to have a sense of entitlement. God doesn't owe it to us to save us from our enemies. Thankfully, He often graciously does.

If we need salvation, we simply need to call upon the Saviour. As Jonah testified before he was delivered, 'salvation is of the Lord'. Thankfully, He delights to deliver His people.

Our ultimate enemies are sin, death, hell and the devil. Thankfully they're already defeated at the cross. Some of them might still hurt us, but they cannot overcome us. If God's overcome them, He can overcome any temporal enemies we might have.

'Loving Lord, thank You, for You are worthy of our praise. Please save us from our enemies, and answer us when we call, in Christ's name, amen'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Follow!