Watch

 Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching. Persist in this, for by so doing you will save both yourself and your hearers.
1 Timothy 4:16 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/1ti.4.16.ESV

Teaching is important. We need to be teaching the right things. Living is arguably more important than teaching however.

What's the point teaching something if we don't put it into practice? What's the point me teaching English if I'm not using it myself? How much more important is this principle spiritually!

If I'm teaching that lust is wrong, I mustn't be lustful. If I'm teaching the evils of hatred, I mustn't be hateful. If I expect people to speak well, I mustn't be crude and foul mouthed.

There's not much point trying to save our hearers if we're not looking after ourselves spiritually. Ultimately it's God who saves, but when He saves us, He helps us to live transformed lives. We can be instruments in the hands of God to help others come to faith too.

'Dear Father in heaven, please help us to be good witnesses for You, not just in words but in deeds too, in Jesus' name, amen'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Prayer