Call!

 Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.
Jeremiah 33:3 ESV

This is a wonderful promise to Jeremiah. Maybe we think we can't appropriate it. Yet the God of Jeremiah is the same God today.

As I mentioned last time, in Christ, all the promises of God are 'yes and amen'. So we can indeed adopt this promise as our own. It has been true for me in my life.

I first genuinely called to the Lord when I was eight years old, having had the privilege of having parents who taught me God's ways. He has indeed taught me great and hidden things that I didn't know previously. For example, salvation is by faith, not by me being a 'good' little boy who knew all the answers at Sunday School.

The primary way that God reveals things to us (apart from in answer to our prayers), is through His word. In the Bible we discover God and His purposes for our lives. That's why I devote so much time to writing about it, because it's so precious and important.

'O Lord, we call to You and ask that You would reveal great and hidden things we didn't know to us. Thank You for Your word, in Jesus' name, amen'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Follow!