Trust

 Trusting in a treacherous man in time of trouble is like a bad tooth or a foot that slips. Proverbs 25:19 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/pro.25.19.ESV

A few months ago, whilst eating some peanuts, a shard of one of my teeth chipped off. So I can relate to the bad tooth analogy. Thankfully, I only needed a filling rather than a crown, but it was still troublesome until I had the work done.

Even now, slightly paranoid about losing my filling, I mostly chew on the other side of my mouth. I trust that tooth about as much as a treacherous man in time of trouble. There's not much worse than a fair weather friend, who treacherously abandons you in time of trouble.

As Solomon said elsewhere, the rich have lots of friends. But the poor tend to get abandoned even by their family. As we get older our bodies start to fail. Our feet are more liable to slip.

Just as we can't trust our bodies to
hold out forever, so we can't rely on untrustworthy people when we're in trouble. If we want to live forever, we need God to make us faithful, dependable people.

"Forgive us Lord for times we let people down. Please help us to be faithful and dependable, for the honour of Your name, amen"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Family