Family

 Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers.
Proverbs 17:6 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/pro.17.6.ESV

My parents are visiting at the moment, so I can see the truth of this verse first hand. I see how my parents dote over my children. I also feel a lot of appreciation for my dad (and mum too!).

Just because the proverb specifies fathers doesn't mean to say mothers can't be included too. I've heard that children from split families often idolise their dads because they're often the ones to treat them as they tend to live apart. Even in families that stick together, fathers often get put onto a pedestal.

Grandchildren crown their grandparents old age with joy and pleasure. Grandchildren change the family dynamic to become more innocent, fun and playful. Family is a gift of the triune God.

God Himself is a family of Oneness: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. So it's no wonder that He's designed families for us to enjoy human love at its finest. The joy of family should break us out into praise of our triune God.

'Heavenly Father, we're grateful for the gift of family. May we appreciate the blessing, and especially of the opportunity of being in Your spiritual family. In Christ's name we pray, amen'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Prayer