Uncircumcised

 But Moses said to the Lord, "Behold, I am of uncircumcised lips. How will Pharaoh listen to me?"
Exodus 6:30 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/exo.6.30.ESV

Even after Moses was commissioned by God, who graciously overcame all his objections, he was still jittery about leading God's people out of Egypt. If I had been God, I might have lost patience with Moses by now! Thankfully, God was wonderfully patient with him.

To be fair to Moses, God didn't contradict him. So he probably wasn't a great orator. He seems to be suggesting that he doesn't feel like he's consecrated for the task.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, God doesn't just call people to do things for Him. He also equips us to do it. He told Moses that he'd be like God to Pharoah.

Moses reminds me of Isaiah here. When Isaiah had a vision of the exalted Lord God, he declared himself a man of unclean lips. Just as the angel touched Isaiah's lips, so Moses was equipped to face the most powerful man in the world.

'Lord, when we feel inadequate, help us remember that You are enough, and that You are working in us for Your glory, in Jesus' name, amen'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Follow!