Steven Heath: Chemistry- Album Review

The Occilolist


I love the folkiness of this track, which reminded me a bit of Stuart Townend's Vagabonds, or a Seth Lakeman song. I want a copy of the lyrics because they seemed intriguing!


Whiskey and Wine

The style of this song is slightly reminiscent of the band of some other friends: Tillerman


Tomorrow

I love the fact that the song title is juxtaposed with a wistful, nostalgic tone. There's a retro feel to this track. I love the backing harmonies too which give it a warm fuzzy glow :)


Where Did You Go?

This is a really sweet song. Steven's rich baritone is beautifully complimented by gentle harmonies.


Song For You

Nice song with an upbeat feel to it.

The Heart is Not A Toy

The most familiar song on the album as it was released a few years ago in another form. This version is more polished, like a finely honed jewel. One of the best songs lyrically on the album.


Brittle Bones

Lovely duet with a female vocalist who is well matched with Steven's dulcet tones.


8bit of Chemistry

A unique interlude which morphs into...


Little Bit of Chemistry

... a catchy, anthemic song.


Overall, I know I'm biased, but I genuinely think this album is at least on a par with Passenger for example, who I sometimes like listening to. To be honest, I think Passenger, however easy on the ear, is a bit samey, whereas this offering by Steven Heath seems to have more about it to me! So this album is definitely going to become regular listening for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Family