Revival

 You who have made me see many troubles and calamities will revive me again; from the depths of the earth you will bring me up again.
Psalm 71:20 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/psa.71.20.ESV

I love the honesty of the Psalmist about God's sovereignty in the hard times as well as in the good times. After all, why should we only accept good things off God, like spoilt children? As a good Father, He uses hard times to discipline us.

God isn't helplessly standing by whilst we go from troubles to calamities. He's Sovereign over it all. He can bring good out of bad: the cross is the ultimate demonstration of that truth.

The Psalmist knew and trusted that troubles and calamities wouldn't have the final say. He knew that God would revive him again. God doesn't want us stuck down in the dumps, He wants to raise us up.

Like all of us, I've had my fair share of troubles. I've been down in the depths in a pit of my own making. Yet time and again God has raised me up. He refuses to leave me in my mess.

'O Lord, how grateful we are that difficulties aren't our ultimate destiny. We look forward to heavenly rest, and ask that You would help us to persevere in the meanwhile, in Christ's name, amen'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Helper