Long May I Live: A Poem

 Long may I live in the land God has given

Sweet be the rest for which I have striven

Cold be the shower that wakes me from my slumber

Remembering my blessings without number


Light be the sun that shines its beams upon me

The dark and blackest night is what I flee

Gentle is the shelter from the burning sun

Happy leaps my heart when victory is won


Soon it will be that the eternal day does dawn

And on that day, the darkness I will scorn

The presence of the Son is what I desire

The reality of it will transpire


Never on my own do I walk out this life

The Spirit is within me despite strife

The brethren beside me are cheering me on

Whilst others invite to where they have gone


When weary in the battle I look to Christ

I don't dare despair when he's paid the price

It's not too much of Him to ask for my all

When He humbled Himself to cattle stall


Dark may be the mocking of the evil one

But I will fix my eyes on God's own Son

Never be distracted from the task at hand

To focus on reaching the promised land.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

Power

Family